Job TitleDebtors Clerk
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience1 to 3 years
SalaryR13000 to R17500
Job Published23 March 2022
Job Reference No.101087557
1. Bank Reconciliation
• Capturing/Importing bank transactions into SAGE Evolution.
• Reconcile bank balance to statement via SAGE.
2. Customers (Debtors)
• Allocate receipts to customer invoices/credit note as per
• Investigate and resolve queries on customer accounts.
• Send out weekly and monthly statements to customers.
• Maintain and update customer details on SAGE.
• Inform customers regarding overdue accounts.
• Receive and review customer credit applications and send for
credit verification checks.
• Ensure customer accounts are placed on hold or taken off hold
and inform relevant parties of such changes.
• Send a payment clearance letter to the relevant parties when a
pay in advance customer made payment and cleared on the bank
with approval from management.
3. Maintain customer Age Analysis
• Review and maintain the account receivable age analysis on a
weekly/monthly basis and arrange a weekly meeting with
management to discuss.
4. Basic General Journals
• Rounding – Round cents to match invoice / payment.
• Reclassifying journals – Re-allocate amounts when needed.
• Rebate and discounts account for as per signed customer
5. Credit Notes and Tax invoices
• Prepare credit notes as authorized, pass credits and raise tax
invoices not related to inventory.
6. Customer Credit limits
• Increase customer credit limits on managements’ request /
7. Pay in advance customers
• Send payment clearance letter to relevant parties when pay in
advance customers made payment and cleared on the bank with
approval from management.
• Reconcile Services accounts/Loan accounts/Intercompany
• Send out National/Factory expenses Sales reports.
• Create/maintain staff accounts (retail stores) and send
deductions to payroll.
• Grade 12 (Matric Certificate).
• Tertiary Qualification (desirable) or studying towards a
Bookkeeping or Finance Degree would be advantageous.
• Minimum of 1 – 3 year’s work experience in a similar role.
• Accounting System experience would be advantageous.
• Sage 200 Evolution.
• Working knowledge of Ms Office with a thorough
understanding of MS. Excel at a Basic/Intermediate Level.
• Meat Matrix experience would be an advantage.
• Solid understanding of basic accounting principles, fair credit
practices and collection regulations.
• Proficiency in English and effective verbal and written
• Customer service orientation, problem solving and negotiation
• High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build
relationships for the long-term.
• Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures
and financial records.