Job TitleSales Manager
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 10 years
Job Published15 January 2024
Job Reference No.1233819734
A well-established telecommunications company, based in Irene is seeking a qualified sales manager who can help keep this engine running with their own sales skills as well as leadership of a team of driven sales representatives. The ideal sales manager has deep experience with the entire sales process, excelling at lead generation, relationship building, and deal closing. We are looking for a quick learner who has strong negotiating skills – someone with a successful track record who can inspire the same performance in others. The role demands a leader who has a sharp mind and an ability to coach, advise, motivate, or replace sales representatives while building and maintaining a high-performance team.
Duties & Responsibilities
Objective of this role
• Represent company effectively with comprehensive knowledge of our offerings
• Research all customer needs and identify how our solutions address them
• Hire, train, motivate, and advise a team of sales representatives
• Achieve company objectives by planning thoroughly, setting sales goals, analyzing performance data, and making forecasts
• Create Sales plans and to go to Market planning for new technologies and solutions
• Develop skills continuously for hiring, training, and leading team members, and ensure that they’re using effective sales tactics to meet revenue objectives
• Generate leads, and establish and nurture client relationships
• Create and execute a strategic sales plan that expands our customer base and extends the company’s global reach.
• Meet with potential clients and develop long-lasting relationships that address their needs.
• Recruit sales representatives, set objectives, train, and coach them, and monitor their performance.
• Identify knowledge gaps within the team and develop plans for filling them.
• Ensure that company quotas are met by holding daily check-ins with the sales team to set objectives and monitor progress.
• Manage the month-end and year-end close processes
Desired Experience & Qualification
• Five or more years of experience in managing sales in a Telecommunications environment, especially focused on the wholesale ISP markets.
• Proven record of success with the entire sales process, from planning to closing
• Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
• Excellent leadership skills
• Result oriented with strong analytical skills.
• Sound Financial skills required for Sales Planning and complex quoting.
• Ability to travel
Preferred skills and qualifications
• Sales Diploma/Degree will be advantageous.
• Proven success rate at levels above sales quota
Package & Remuneration