Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 7 years
SalaryR28000 to R32000
Job Published26 January 2022
Job Reference No.1307731687
A leading Electronic Manufacturing company based in Waltloo, Pretoria is looking for an experienced Accountant to join their company.
Duties & Responsibilities
To ensure complete and accurate recording of the company’s accounting records in the general ledger and supplementary systems.
- Preparation of the General Ledger up to Trial Balance.
- Review and approval of the Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable functions, and supervision of relevant staff.
- Management of the bank accounts and cash books on a daily basis.
- Preparation of the daily bank account movement report and short-term cash flow predictions.
- Management of the Forex requirements and processing.
- Maintenance of the Fixed Asset register and ensuring all entries required in the GL relating to PPE acquisitions, disposals and depreciation are complete and accurate each month, and reconcile to the fixed asset register.
- Ensuring all journal entries have been approved and processed each month.
- Ensuring all balance sheet accounts and cash books have been reconciled monthly.
- Reconciliation and preparation of monthly VAT return.
- Liaison with external and internal auditors; supplying information that is required and resolving queries that may arise.
- Various ad-hoc functions and submissions
Desired Experience & Qualification
Required Minimum Qualification
- Recognized accounting qualification
Required minimum experience
- 5 years’ experience in an Accountant/Senior Bookkeeper role.
Skills & competencies
- Good Excel skills
- ERP system skills (SAP B1 knowledge and experience advantageous)
- Ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Good communication skills.
- High regard for ethics.
- Attention to detail
Package & Remuneration
- R 336k – R 384k per annum
- (R 28 000 - R 32 000 CTC pm)