Job TitleHead of Marketing
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 10 years
Job Published10 March 2023
Job Reference No.1404634240
• Monitoring and achievement of Marketing lead measures to ensure Company achieves
• Monitoring and achievement of Marketing lead measures to ensure Company
• Monitoring of Brand manager activities to maintain standards.
2 Work with Conference team for planning of January conference, as well as identifying and
planning for any Cycle meeting needed throughout the year.
3 Monthly review of Forecasting with Marketing/Procurement team and weekly review of stock
reports with Procurement Team. Corrective measures to be taken for over- and
underperforming brands. Insights to be given regarding market changes and campaigns that
might affect stockholding negatively or positively.
4 Managing and overseeing the Advertising and Promotion for Brand Managers to ensure they
are in line with budget.
5 Oversee and assist with the development of effective sales and marketing plans for the
6 Ensure new launches are duly allocated to a Brand manager and project plans are in place.
7 Responsible for engaging in field work to ensure company standards are met and to ensure
8 Daily/Monthly approval of purchase orders
9 Manage the administrative function of the Marketing assistant to ensure processes are in place
10 Assisting HR with selection of Marketing personnel
11Manage the performance of team, identify performance problems and take corrective action
incl. development and succession planning
12 Weekly meeting with Team and individuals to assess execution plans of their key performance
areas and taking corrective measures if need be.
13 Timeous, comprehensive, completion of e.g. planners, reports, action plans, assessments,
trackers and presentations on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis.
14 Manage training (with other role-players) of new & existing Brand managers to ensure full
exposure to all areas of the business pertaining to their role.
15 Maintain and ensure execution of SOP’s for the Marketing department.
• Degree or diploma in Business Management or Marketing.
• At least 5 years’ experience in the pharmaceutical industry as a Product/Brand Manager.
• At least 3 years’ experience in a managerial position.
• Good understanding of MS Office(Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook)
• Good Financial understanding
• Attention to detail
• Deadline driven
• Time management skills
• Leadership qualities
• Interpersonal skills
• Communication skills
• Planning and organising
• Able to inspire others
• Self motivated
• Follow up skills
• Able to delegate
• Able to work under pressure
DESIRABLE SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
• A course on People Management or Leadership Effectiveness.