Job TitleRetail Assistant Manager
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 5 years
SalaryR11000 to R18000
Job Published21 July 2022
Job Reference No.1485319964
Duties & Responsibilities
- Stock Management
- Place orders with factories and other suppliers
- Follow up on orders
- Manage deliveries, delivery dates and stock upon arrival
- Manage stock order volumes
- Receive ordered stock
- Report delivery shortfalls, and damages
- Follow up on non-received stock
- Capture received stock on Meat Matrix
- Daily stock levels reporting
- Run stock depletion reports- cashiers
- Balance off with stock receiving
- Manage stock levels threshold
Manage stock shrinkage: stock losses/damages/dumpings
• Store cleanliness including, but not limited to all floors, bathrooms, office
spaces, passageways, isles, packing areas, chillers, freezers, cashier till
points and Deli (Hot Foods) area.
• Always maintain high level of HACCP standards throughout the store.
• Observe OHSA (Occupational Health and Safety) hazards and abide by
the rules and resulations of the Act.
- Employee Management
• Employee Recruitment
• Onboarding and Induction of new employees
• Training and Development
• Employee Relations (Discipline in the workplace)
• Performance Management
• Employee Wellness
• Employee Motivation
- Store Organisation
• Display of prodcuts on the the shelf and create attravtive displays at key
points in the store ex: check-out ques.
• Be familiar with the merchandising material available from suppliers and
ensure employees are familiar with all in-store (current) promotions.
• Re-arrangement of store shelves and products
• Managing of non-moving items and display areas
- Cash Management
• Manage and assist with daily cash ups.
• Minimise cash losses
• Manage picking up and dropping off of cash in the store
• Manage cash on ATM
• Manage safety of cash movement within the store
• Manage and keep the safe secure and locked at all times
- Customer Service
• Deliver excellent service to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction
• Create a store that meets local needs by building an understanding of
• Manage and analyse customer complaints to get insights for
improvement of customer satisfaction
• Be the custodian of customer experience and lead brand loyalty
• Responding to customer complaints and comments promptly and
• Scan and analyse customer environment, purchasing patterns and initiate
activities that will influence customer behaviour including attracting new
and retain existing customers
- System Administration
• Manage staff clockings via ERS.
• Maintan and understand the system Meat Matrix.
• Manage and maintain CCTV cameras.
• Ensure availability of physical security guards in store.
• Manage the alarm system internally.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a retail environment, ideally in a supervisory or leadership level.
Diploma/Degree in Retail or Business or related qualification will be advantageous
- Prior knowledge and experience in management of; Inventory/stock, buying, staff, products merchandising, costs and profitability of the store.
- Knowledge of stock management systems like ERP, Meat matrix, e.t.c
- Knowledge and understanding of FMCG environment and related legislation
- Management of perishable products with short shelf life especially in meat industry
- Basic Understanding of retail consumer behaviour and purchasing trends
- Basic Understading of the retail and meat market
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Demonstratable analytical skills.
- Basic Understanding of income statements, cash flows, stock management reporting, and all basic financial systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively.
- Exceptional customer service and people management skills.
- Energetic and self-starter.