Job TitleEmbedded Engineer
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 8 years
Job Published04 October 2023
Job Reference No.1640132555
A global leader in the design, development and the manufacturing of appliance control systems, solutions and products for industry, is looking for experienced Embedded Engineers to join their expanding South African office based in Kempton Park
Duties & Responsibilities
Main Responsibilities Include:
1. Delivering projects on time and to budget
2. Reporting to the Engineering Manager
Technical Responsibilities Include:
1. Developing new systems
2. Testing and approving hardware and code design
3. Prototyping and testing new circuit designs.
4. Providing after-sales support services and providing technical back up as required
5. Working with the production team to ensure the products are tested as per the engineering requirement.
6. Understanding the complete product as a whole solution, including technical documents, installation of hardware and embedded firmware
Firmware – Primary function 80%
1. C/C++, Object Orientated Programming
2. Embedded programming
3. ARM Processors knowledge and programming for STM32 devices
Hardware – Secondary function 20%
4. Analogue & Digital Circuit Design
5. Schematic Capture
6. PCB Layout
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering or related field.
- Experience with a demonstrated track record in embedded software design and implementation across multiple projects.
- Experience in electronic hardware development will be advantageous.
- Technical competency with C/C++, Python, real-time operating systems, and managing hardware peripherals through interrupts and DMA.
- Strong understanding and knowledge of embedded software development tools.
- A good appreciation of the full software lifecycle.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP protocol stacks and networking.
- Self-driven, team player with excellent communication skills
Package & Remuneration
Please forward your CV to email@example.com