Job TitleSenior Support Technician
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience4 to 5 years
SalaryR17000 to R22000
Job Published15 June 2023
Job Reference No.1725376661
We are looking for a technical service support engineer that will be responsible for administering, troubleshoots and maintaining Voice and Data Networks incl, routers, gateways and PBX phones. This person will also be responsible for configuring network and voice solutions for clients as per their requirements.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Act as primary interface to all users to resolve problems reported.
- Respond to tickets on the CRM system in a timely manner.
- Provide troubleshooting and technical support via phone, email and face-to-face to end users.
- Keep end users informed on progress with problem resolution.
- Escalate and report on the status of all problems as and when required by management.
Other technical duties
- Setup VPN’s and port forwards on routers.
- Make changes to routers as per client’s requirements.
- Do preventative maintenance on routers – updates & scheduling reboots.
- Log onto routers to check the current configuration thereof to make sure everything is up to standard.
- Setup domains for websites, email, POP3 and exchange.
- Create users on Active Directory and setting up permissions.
- Install and configure desktop computers and software.
- Assist in voice related Porta issues
- Setting up VPN’s between sites.
- Setup QoS on routers
- Setup wireless AP’s for clients
- Manage and configure PRTG
- Point websites on ISS server to other websites and make general changes.
- Change and manage the DNS records on the servers.
- Do domain transfers.
- Assist with internal troubleshooting and problem resolution as and when required at the office
- Support and maintenance of MS Windows and MS Exchange environments
- Testing, installation and maintenance of network related problems
- Provide 3CX support to users and assisting them with problems
- Monitor the infrastructure and act on any failures
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Experience with data networking including implementation of VPN connections, firewall configuration and network routing is preferable
- Good understanding of voice networking and VOIP environments
- Be able to work in a team
- Be customer service focused
- Be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Have good time management skills
- Be able to work under stressful conditions
- Be able to communicate effectively and clearly
- Demonstrate professional attributes
- Be able to manage conflict
- Proper technical knowledge (analogue, digital and VoIP services, IP networking and data service provision)
Package & Remuneration
R 17 000 - R 22 000