Job TitleTechnical Support Engineer (Cape Town)
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience2 to 5 years
SalaryR15000 to R14999
Job Published14 February 2023
Job Reference No.1763502233
An IT expert company is looking for a Techhnical Support Engineer to service the Cape Town, Western Cape region.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Candidate will receive internal training around technical best practices, CE tools and internal monitoring and reporting procedures and will take care of on-site IT hardware break/fix interventions (with remote assistance from the Technical team, if necessary).
- Candidate will be required to perform physical equipment audits at our client’s premises or in the datacenters.
- Depending on company requirements and your technical skills already identified, you may be asked to work on broader technical issues but such interventions will be guided by the technical teams.
- You will be required to work directly with the Service Desk Team and you will be assigned customer calls that are logged in your region and will have to report in real time, back to the Service Desk, on your maintenance activities through the tools at your disposal.
- You will be required to manage local spare parts and report back monthly on stock levels in the region.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Candidate must have a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience managing server environments mandatory.
- Candidate must be willing to work after hours and weekends/ standby where required based on our SLA obligations with our clients.
- Knowledge in Server, Storage, and networking environments (Cisco, Dell/EMC, IBM, Lenovo X-series, HPE range).
- Broad understanding of IT operational related Technologies across server, storage, and networking.
- Must have experience in set-up and support of datacenter environments.
- Ability to communicate at a technical level with our clients and internal stakeholders.
- Broad generalist knowledge around Information Technology standards, operating systems, and technology trends.
Working conditions and environment:
- Ability to work in a Hybrid setting.
- Ability to work well in a Team.
- “First Time Fix” Attitude.
- Our contractual Service Level Agreements are 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Candidate will report to the Technical Manager.
Package & Remuneration
CTC R15 000.00 p/m
Petrol Allowance R2 000.00 p/m