Job TitleIT System Administrator
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 10 years
SalaryR25000 to R30000
Job Published16 October 2023
Job Reference No.1792891116
A well-established IT service & computer repair company based in Elarduspark is looking for an experienced IT Systems Administrator to join their dynamic team as soon as possible.
Duties & Responsibilities
A highly organized, results driven candidate with a key focus on successfully delivering various business projects within the Information Technology sector of the business and our clients. The role of the System Administrator will be to maintain, upgrade and manage our software, hardware and networks.
The System Administrator will be responsible to organize, install and support the organization's computer systems as well as various client systems. These include local area networks (LAN), wide area networks (WAN) and other data communication systems such as remote client locations.
Resourcefulness is a necessary skill in this role. As a Systems Administrator, you should be able to diagnose and resolve problems quickly. You should also have the patience to communicate with a variety of interdisciplinary teams and users.
Although this role offers a high level of cross-functional interaction and exposure to Senior Management in an IT capacity, it does not involve line management of any teams or personnel.
It is a vital position in terms of liaising with the Management of clients to ensure the technology solutions are in place and working resulting in faster and increased productivity from all channels within their businesses. Your goal will be to ensure that all client technology infrastructure runs smoothly and efficiently.
This role has privileged rights to various systems and hence honesty is important. The onus is on the individual to report any suspicious behaviour.
- Install and configure software and hardware.
- Manage network servers and technology tools.
- Set up accounts and workstations.
- Monitor performance and maintain systems according to requirements.
- Troubleshoot issues and outages.
- Ensure security through access controls, backups and firewalls.
- Daily Reports
- Upgrade systems with new releases and models
- Visit sites from time to time.
- Develop expertise to train clients on new technologies.
- Build an internal IT technical documentation, manuals and IT policies.
- Systems – Consolidate an overview of all IT systems used by the clients and the necessary development needed with the System.
- Being a change-leader in area of cyber security. Helping educate client personnel on the importance of following best practice in this regard.
Desired Experience & Qualification
Requirements and Skills:
- Proven experience as a System Administrator, Network Administrator, or similar role.
- Experience with databases, networks (LAN, WAN) and patch management.
- Knowledge of system security (e.g., intrusion detection systems) and data backup/recovery.
- Ability to create scripts as and when required.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and platforms of various clients.
- Fluent in Afrikaans and English
- CompTIA A+ essential
- Microsoft Certifications is advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills since as you will work with employees across various companies to understand their needs and ensure all users can work as efficiently as possible.
- A strong technical understanding of information systems to address issues that arise across the client base.
- Ability to work under pressure without compromising accuracy.
- Ability to pace oneself and prioritize demands to remain result orientated.
- Consistent approach to quality of output and high levels of integrity.
Package & Remuneration
R 25 000 - R 30 000 CTC pm.
Please send your CV to email@example.com