Job TitleSoftware Developer
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 10 years
SalaryR55000 to R65000
Job Published07 September 2023
Job Reference No.2031407244
A well-established global security company in Centurion, is looking for a Software Developer to join their team. Send your CV to hr5 (at) peopledimension (dot) co (dot) za.
• Design, code, debug, and support software developed for internal and external clients.
• This will vary between designing and writing computer programs from scratch, modifying existing programs and designing and modifying database structures.
• Plan, organize, lead, control, guide and manage development projects, research and development and support.
• Ensure approved standards are implemented and always maintained to ensure continuity and supportability.
Review & Interpret business requirements and technical specifications.
• Design solution to meet requirements into efficient code.
• Modify database layouts to accommodate new requirements.
• Test and debug code to produce error free programs.
• Document test requirements for QA personnel.
• Deliver solution within project guidelines and deadlines as reasonably determined
• All the company and departmental procedures and rules must be followed to produce quality software solutions.
• Request clarity around system requirements as needed.
Code and develop native / web applications and services
• Adhere to coding standards
• Apply best practices
• Ensure continuity on support by means of documentation and accurate release notes.
• Comply with company standardization strategy pertaining to coding structure and standard
Investigate, analyse, and rectify reported defects and shortcomings
• Analyze and understand the reported issue.
• Apply problem solving techniques to identify the optimum solution to the problem.
• Modify the software to eliminate the problems.
• Test and debug the software.
• Determine that the solution submitted has been correctly applied.
• Implement the customer solution.
Perform customer support duties where necessary
• Assist support personnel in identifying software related issues.
• Effectively communicate with colleagues and customers around timeframes, issues, outstanding requirements, and current status.
• Provide accurate feedback to helpdesk.
• Perform any software changes with the necessary urgency.
• Assist support personnel and customers where necessary with software support issues.
Performs related duties as assigned
• Follow all procedures and rules as defined.
• Source control.
• Coding standards.
• Testing and debugging.
• Quality Assurance (QA) documentation.
• Any other procedures that might be defined and reviewed from time to time.
Health and Safety
• Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year
• Participate in safety forums created by the company for example safety meetings and safety talks
• Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
• Discuss all safety incidents
• Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
• Attend safety education and refresher programs
• Comply with safety policies and procedures at the workplace
• Distribute safety information as and when required Desired Experience & Qualification
Qualification and Experience
• Grade 12
• Relevant Tertiary Qualification (Diploma or Degree) in Computer Science / Information systems Informatics etc
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience within C# – Dot.Net environment.
• Minimum of 3 years’ experience within the MS SQL environment.
• Delphi platform experience is essential
• Agile Project Management / Team lead
Skills and Attributes
• Microsoft desktop and server operating systems
• Database design
• Delphi, C#, ASP.NET, WPF, Entity Framework, Model View - View Model, Web sites / pages, Web applications, services.
• Networking, user interface principles
• Microsoft SQL Server experience
• Systems Design, Coding and Testing.
• Data normalization, Efficient data access, Performance tuning.
• Data gathering, consolidating, processing, sorting and display via export and or GUI.
• Excellent Communication Skills - Verbal & Written
• Understanding the organizational environment
• Understanding the organization’s goals and objectives
• Dealing with changing circumstances
• Supporting and working with others
• Delivering objectives
• Dealing with complexity
• Acting professionally
• Delivering great customer service
• Sharing and cooperating