Job TitleProduct Developer
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 10 years
SalaryR25000 to R29000
Job Published01 February 2022
Job Reference No.2346064142
A leading company in the Butchery/ Meat Industry based outside Pretoria is looking for an experienced Product Developer to innovate and execute multiple new product development projects and trials from initial concept to launch and align existing products to relevant legislation and customer specifications.
Duties & Responsibilities
New Product Development
· Identify and develop new product initiatives in accordance to the Company Group Strategy in the factory and butchery counters.
· Design and conduct new product trials, from concept to launch.
· Develop product specifications – raw material, final product and internal.
· Conduct the necessary trials and develop additional product documentation as required, i.e. cooking time verification reports, 4P documentation, Pack Copy (label) information incl. ingredient declarations, Internal NPD Requests etc.
· Stay abreast of, and ensure compliance to, the most recent legislation and customer specification requirements wrt product labelling across the company product offering.
· New products KPI reporting 6 weeks after product launch & continual sensory monitoring of products to ensure quality and profile is maintained.
· Training of production and quality teams to ensure product is manufactured according to specification.
· Preparation/make-up and timely dispatch of samples to customers
· Execute relevant product trials aimed at improving existing products/protocols/ranges or new product initiates.
· Design project plans, communicate with relevant operational teams, capture data and compile reports.
Maintenance of internal product information system
· Develop and change internal product specifications (NPD Requests) as required
· Submission of NPD Requests to the IT and Master Data departments and the verification of these updates to the operational system (i.e. BOM changes or tare weights)
Supplier and Raw material Liaison
· Liaise and build strong relationship with suppliers, building on:
o Continual innovation, i.e. new flavors and product/process ideas
o Compliance to raw material requirements (quality/procurement/availability/cost)
o Ensuring raw material is available for all trials and initial launch
Desired Experience & Qualification
· Diploma: Food Technology (Required)
· Degree: Consumer Science / Equivalent (Preferable)
· 2 – 4 years’ relevant technical experience (Fresh Meat / Fish)
Package & Remuneration
R 25 000 - R 29 000 CTC pm.
Please email your CV to email@example.com