Job TitleRegional Operations Director
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience5 to 10 years
SalaryR1500000 to R1700000
Job Published07 September 2023
Job Reference No.3706361101
A well-established global security company based in Centurion, is looking for a Regional Operations Director to join their team. Send your CV to hr5 (at) peopledimension (dot) co (dot) za.
Responsible for provision of quality contractual and ad-hoc secure solution services to customers within the region, in compliance with legislation, company policies, processes and procedures, to ensure the achievement of budgeted financial targets, satisfied customers, sound business ethics and mitigate risk in the business.
Effective management of the regional financial performance
• Organic Growth achieved against budget
Gross Margin Improvement:
• Direct Labour control / percentage improvement
• Direct Other cost reduction / percentage improvement
PBITA (Profit Before Interest, Tax and Amortisation) improvement / budget achievement:
• Escalations achieved against budget
Overhead cost control:
• Overhead percentage compared with budget
• Overhead cost reduction
• Number of claims / claim value reduction
Manage the Region’s cash flow:
• DSO management
• Debt increase beyond 60 days
• Bad debt movement into 180 days
• Capex spent vs. budget
Effective management of staff with region
• Regional organisational structure staffed,
• Staff turnover analysis, proper allocation of staff to positions and structure.
• Set and agree objectives and performance standards with staff, including understanding of policy and procedures Monitor performance and provide feedback.
• Succession Planning in place, updated and practiced
• Determine training needs for direct reports (in line with training and HR policy).
• Arrange for attendance of subordinates at scheduled training interventions and coach staff as needed.
• Set and maintain acceptable standards of behaviour at work by all subordinate employees, as required by Company's code of conduct and disciplinary code.
• Ensure that all disciplinary actions are conducted in compliance with Company policies and procedures.
• Hold regional management team meetings and communicate to all regional staff through those briefings.
Effective management of operations
• Retention and customer satisfaction ratings improved
• Proportion / percentage of contracts lost reduced
• Undertake regular and consistent customer visit and assess performance
• Monitor customer service levels.
Quality of Service:
• Quality Audit rating, correction plan in place and implemented
Shared Best Practice:
• Specific examples of implementation of BP from other regions
• Progress / success re new business achieved vs. budget
Effective management of business development function
New business development
• Identifying new business opportunities in the region’s sphere of operations,
• Monitor and assess the market environment in terms of competitors and current customers.
• Ensure that all new businesses are done at profitable margins.
Company image and brand
• Ensure all vehicles are correctly branded and maintained to improve company image and market share.
• Oversight and management of employee discipline
• Adhere to all company brand guidelines.
Health and Safety
• Participate in the design/ development/ review/ implementation and monitoring of the departmental safety plans for each year
• Participate in safety forums created by the company for example safety meetings and safety talks
• Report all safety incidents to the relevant people
• Discuss all safety incidents
• Follow-up on any activities assigned through safety meeting/committee/representative/management
• Attend safety education and refresher programs
• Comply with safety policies and procedures at the workplace
• Distribute safety information as and when required Desired Experience & Qualification
Qualification and Experience
• Grade 12
• B.Com Degree (or equivalent) Tertiary Qualification in General Management (Advantageous)
• PSIRA Grade A (Private Security Industry Regulatory Authority) Advantageous
• Minimum 5-10 years Experience in General Management
• Minimum 5-10 years Experience of multi-site management
Skills and Attributes
• Shaping the market environment
• Setting strategic direction
• Simplifying the complex
• Creating change and innovation
• Driving superior performance
• Focusing on the customer
• Engaging, inspiring and developing people
• Leading with professionalism and integrity
• Working collaboratively