Job TitleSettlements Controller
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience2 to 10 years
Job Published14 March 2023
Job Reference No.3738945753
A leading company within the meat industry based in Cullinan are looking to recruit a Settlements Controller To act as the link between the Finance and Production Departments regarding settlement statements.
Duties & Responsibilities
Slaughter settlement statements
- Liaise with Production Department to confirm negotiated prices with suppliers. Ensure these confirmed prices are used in settling slaughter batches on the production system.
- Responsible for circulating slaughter settlements statements to suppliers in order to confirm the amount that will be paid out in line with payment terms.
- Coordinate the entire work flow process in sourcing all required financial information and obtaining relevant tax invoice/ self-invoicing agreement.
- Implementation of a system to ensure the applicable suppliers have duly executed self-invoicing agreements in place to ensure SARS compliance.
- Act as final check before payments are affected to suppliers. Prepare the payment reconciliation and ensure amount payable agree to the settlement statement.
- Develop and maintain appropriate internal control safeguards specific to role.
- Contribute to the governance and control of all financial procedures and processes; including but not limited to: GAAP, IFRS, Companies Act for all companies in the group and subsidiaries.
- Contribute to annual audit as and when required.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Grade 12 with accounting as subject
- 2 years relevant financial experience.
- Experience working within an FMCG environment is an advantage.
The candidate should also have a valid driver's license and reliable vehicle