Job TitleNew Business Team Lead
Employment TypeFull Time
Experience3 to 10 years
SalaryR20000 to R30000
Job Published30 September 2021
Job Reference No.3799874375
Duties & Responsibilities
You have had to put in the hard work, written the sales, made the money and have decided that you are now ready for the next step in your career. This means that you have made it to the role of Team Lead. So, what does it really entail?
Well among many other things, a Team Lead is the first step in anyone’s leadership career, and this means that it is a huge step. It means going from the top of the sale floor to the bottom of leadership, having to prove yourself all over again. It means being production-driven in the day and getting to your admin at night, and it means long hours and late nights.
Team Leads are the face of the Group to the consultants in their team and this means that they have to be the most culturally driven individuals on the floor, setting the pace, leading from the front, always. So, if it such hard work, what is in it for you? It will be the position when you get the most hands-on exposure and experience, where you really learn what it takes to make other people great, where you put in the grind because you know you know you are working for a better tomorrow.
This position is driven by targets and results, and we believe you have what it takes to take on this challenge. This is the start of your growth, of your future. No one says it will be easy, but everyone says it will be worth it.
Below are the items you will be responsible for, learn them and learn to love them!
Responsibilities and Duties
Team Leads are responsible for driving the culture on the floor and across the floor, for setting the right example, and ensuring everyone is bleeding the brand. Some things to help build this and which you will be required to do include:
- Being each consultants’ biggest supporter; believe in your consultants more than they believe in themselves.
- Ensuring positivity and drive at all times.
- Building a team wolf cry.
- Building competitions against other teams on the floor and hyping these up.
- Focus on giving impactful and valuable morning motivation.
- Keep the music on the floor pumping to drive the right vibe through the floor.
- Host regular motivation sessions with your team throughout the day.
- Hold daily meetings with your team to discuss positives and areas for development.
- Serve as a mentor for all consultants.
Team Leads need to focus on how their teams build and manage their dealer books, as getting this right makes everything else that much easier. This entails:
- Ensuring the quality of all dealer books is up to the standard required.
- Driving obtaining F&I’s more than salesmen.
- Approving all dealers being added to each book (ensure quality before doing so).
- Calling partners where needed and as per processes put in place and at a Manager’s request.
- Implement any policies and procedures relating to dealer books requested by Management.
- Assist consultants with building and fostering better relationships with their partners, by:
- Creating weekly mail/WhatsApp templates for consultants to send out.
- Oversee that all material being sent to partners is correct and valuable.
- Provide daily topics they can use to discuss with their partners.
- Rebuilding dealer offerings for approval by Management.
Dealer Book Handovers:
Team Leads are responsible for managing the handovers of all dealer books when consultants leave to ensure that we do not lose any business. This entails:
- Following the process that has been implemented.
- Driving the actual handover itself.
- Implement the plan provided by the Manager of the department.
- Be active in the process by calling dealers yourself.
- Ensure everything necessary is done to achieve the targets of that book and the those of the consultant/s taking over.
Team Leads are responsible for managing the performance of all their consultants to ensure they are producing at the levels that they need to be. This entails:
- Providing all training necessary to ensure you have given each consultant as much as you possibly can.
- Spend time with each consultant and sit with individuals daily to provide live training and assistance with whatever they need help with but especially contacting dealers.
- To provide leadership and to supervise the consultants within your team and by managing their performance in accordance with B-Sure’s policies, values and business practices.
- Ensure all members of the team are confident in their skills regarding communication with dealers, maintaining relationships to generate leads, as well as any other skills needed through the use of trainings or coaching methods.
- Ensure all members of the team are confident in their skills regarding sale structure, engagements with clients, the quotation process, and any other skills needed to close the client through trainings or coaching methods.
- Keep your consultants motivated, help them to push that much more to reach where they need to be.
- Mentor and develop consultants and create clear and measurable goals that drive performance.
- Ensure you are spending time outside of the office to build plans, engage with staff, keep the team driven and productive.
There are a number of general tasks that Team Leads need to fulfil. Remember, focus on production during the day and do anything that can be done outside of this at home in the evenings. Some general tasks include:
- Identifying any instances of fraudulent activity on the floor and reporting it appropriately.
- Driving rectifications to ensure they are done and staying with your team to make sure they are done properly.
- Driving non-deliveries to ensure they are done and staying with your team to make sure they are done properly.
- Building and updating an active working roster and manging staff accordingly.
- Building and presenting at Production Conference.
- Monitoring statistics (hourly, daily, monthly, or when needed).
- Maintain and constantly investigate ways to improve quality results by adhering to standards and guidelines and recommending improved processes and/or procedures to Management.
- Ad-hoc functions which may involve an element of training or performance management for specific employees, performance reports, mentorship, KPI’s per department need to be done every month, etc.
- Involvement with recruitment by being involved in the interview process through conducting 2nd Tier interviews.
- Participate in educational opportunities to enhance your own knowledge base.
Desired Experience & Qualification
- Communication Skills: Ability to articulate information, interact with people, and establish rapport.
- Taking Action: Capable of recognising the need for action, considering possible risks and taking responsibility for results.
- Decision Making: Capable for making decisions timeously and taking responsibility for the consequences.
- Performance Driven: Ability to be motivated to take action, seize opportunities and pursue goals.
- Leadership Skills: Capacity to make decisions, direct people and empower individuals.
- Teamwork: Capacity to cooperate with others to work towards a common goal.
- Building Relationships: Capacity to establish constructive and effective relationships.
Package & Remuneration
R 20 000 - R 30 000 CTC pm.